Sunday, August 17, 2008
So my mom and I have a small (really really small) karaoke business and today we hosted a karaoke party for an 8 year old girls birthday party.

You know how in the movies the nice normal people...usually blond girls...are invited to a party, everyone seems nice at first and then you realize you are in some weird freakish cult meeting hosted by Tom & Katie and you can't leave because they have already drawn the curtains and began chanting & drinking funny punch???

We set up our karaoke equipment and collected the song requests. Every request was for a Hannah Montana, Miley Cyrus or High School Musical song. I played the songs one by one. In unison they sang "Fabulous" from the High School Musical soundtrack. Then they all began to dance. I don't mean a casual sway to the music dance...I mean the actual dance from the movie dance! They knew every note, every move, it was insane!

After an hour of listening to the same 5 songs play over and over again I found myself singing along. What have I become? Am I enjoying myself or am I in too deep?

After 2 hours of non-stop Disney Channel music I was free. I look in the mirror and realize how close I came to the edge.

If this blog helps just one person it will have been worth it all.

Don't let The Disney Channel raise your children...It's scary!
posted by World of Wright at 7:51 PM |

0 Comments: