Friday, March 27, 2009
Baseball is upon us.
I have 2 boys
In 2 different leagues
Playing in 2 different towns
BUT ON THE SAME DAY!

I leave work at 4, run to see the 1st hour of Jagger's game at Mile Square Park.
I leave that game at 5:30 to watch the last hour of Stephen's game at Huntington High.

Josh and Jag had dinner together somewhere. Stephen and I had dinner together separately and I got home just in time to catch Josh in the driveway as he was leaving for work.

Then I had a minor breakdown over a beautiful Sugarland Song and realized my kids are growing up too fast, I can't slow life down or stop these kids from growing up too fast.

I know one day I'll miss running around to baseball games with my boys.
posted by World of Wright at 3:19 PM |

2 Comments:

At March 27, 2009 at 10:07 PM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
Way to go Mandy! Make Mom cry once again!!! I remember when you kids seemed to be growing up so slow when I couldn't get any sleep between wake up calls. Then I remember when I was dreaded those days that were approaching way to fast when you would move out. Now I just thank God for every day that I get with all of you!!!
 


At March 28, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Blogger Heidi said........
Good post... I hope you have some time to relax this weekend. Kids, schedules, work.... it's all so hectic. But you're right; someday we'll look back on these busy times and miss them. Thanks for the reminder that today is a gift - even when it's hectic and crazy!