Saturday, December 13, 2008
This is what happens when you let you let your son have his friends over for a birthday sleepover. 8 boys ranging from 13-16 spooning on your living room floor. The poor kid on the couch didn't even get a blanket. UGH Boys....

There are a few reasons I allowed this to happen.
  1. Stephen turns 14 today (ouch for me...Yay for Steve-O!)
  2. Josh turns 33 today (yes they share their birthday and yes I but them matching presents).
  3. Since Stephen shares his birthday with his dad and his birthday is close to Christmas, It's hard to get a lot of family together this time of year to celebrate.
I always know each year that there are work parties to attend, shopping to do and there won't be one weekend in December that works for everyone. Stephen's friends however have all the time in the world so this year I let more boys spend the night than ever.
They all made lots of noise then they crashed around 2 A.M....After I come out yelling "I HAVE ALL YOUR HOME PHONE NUMBERS AND I'M NOT AFRAID TO USE THEM!" of course. After that I could hear an occasional fart followed by a chuckle but at least I could sleep through that.

What do you get from your friends on your 14th birthday you ask???
  1. A guinea pig named Hector (not joking either). Hector lives in a box and now I have to buy a cage. Stephen's friends couldn't afford both I guess.
  2. Skateboard wheels, trucks and bearings for which you have no deck to put them on.
  3. Cash. Hopefully enough cash to complete the skateboard project.
Any tips on how to get the guinea pig/teenage boy stench out of the house?
posted by World of Wright at 7:33 AM |

4 Comments:

At December 13, 2008 at 9:09 AM, Blogger Kristi said........
RE-GIFT the GUINEA PIG! Give it back to the same kid for Christmas! :o)
 


At December 13, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Blogger VikingMom said........
Hang an air freshener and wait four years. That will get the smell out! :)
 


At December 13, 2008 at 10:41 AM, Blogger VikingMom said........
Oh, and buy a boa constrictor for Christmas. It will take care of the guinea pig for you.
 


At December 14, 2008 at 6:42 AM, Blogger Heidi said........
First off, I agree with Kristi that you must re-gift the guinea pig.

As for the odor? That's a tough one.

Buy a case of Febreeze and leave your windows open for the next 3 years...