Wednesday, November 19, 2008



Last night while watching Dancing With The Stars, Julianne Hough made her T.V. debut as a country singer. I told Stephen she should have been singing "What A Feeling" from the movie Flashdance since she is a dancer after all.

This brought our conversation to a HUGE debate Josh and I had a few years ago.

Now as you read this story, keep in mind my husband is much like Kevin James' character Dough Heffernan on the show King of Queens. The debate played out much like a lost episode of that show.

Josh and I were singing the popular Flashdance song "What A Feeling" one night. I have no idea why but we sing random 80's songs together often. When it got to the part "Take your passion and make it happen" Josh sang "Take your pants down and make it happen". We laughed thinking he was trying to be funny but he was totally convinced those were the words. I told him it's "take your PASSION and make it happen" to which he replied "Take your PASSION down? That makes NO sense!". Josh then began singing his version again complete with pelvic gyrations which I assume were meant to validate his point. "Nobody is taking anything down Josh" I replied..."It's TAKE YOUR PASSION!"

As I write this I have tears rolling down my face from laughter.

I am going to get in soooo much trouble for this blog but it's totally worth it.
posted by World of Wright at 10:31 AM |

5 Comments:

At November 19, 2008 at 12:25 PM, Blogger VikingMom said........
Hmm...apparently he heard the song only as a guy could. Isn't that their motto in life? :)
 


At November 19, 2008 at 12:52 PM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
You have to remember, this comes from a guy who's favorite musical of all time (and by the way he has memorized every song) is GREASE! I raised one son, I have seen first hand the insanity of having three men in the house. They scratch and sniff everything!
 


At November 19, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Blogger Heidi said........
hilarious!
 


At November 20, 2008 at 12:09 PM, Blogger Kodos Mom said........
Instead of "Cruel Summer" by Bananarama I heard Matt sing "It's a cru, crusanya.....". I said what the heck is that..he said "i don't know, those are the words." I died laughing cause we were in a movie theater and he was singing along to the opening credits of the movie Blue Crush.
 


At November 23, 2008 at 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said........
It was TOTALLY worth it. :) I'm TOTALLY laughing. I need to hang out with you and Josh more.

By the way, I'm back and I MISS you. See me before I die.