Tuesday, December 23, 2008


My mom grew up a tom boy and at the age of 17 she moved to L.A. with her twin brother Bill. My tom boy mother decided to follow my Uncle Bill to L.A. and go to, of all things, fashion school at F.I.D.M.

She had no plans of becoming the first 5'4" super model. She didn't attend fashion school because of her ability to think up amazing new fashion trends. No! My mom went to fashion school to get out of Barstow California. Can you honestly blame her? Barstow in the 70's was like...well...Barstow in 2008.

My mom did not graduate from fashion school but she did take away enough education to become a buyer and she learned take fashion risks.

Mom's willingness to try new things has been inspirational to many, including but not limited to the great 80's group Salt & Pepa (please note the hair style she is proudly sporting).
posted by World of Wright at 2:18 PM |

3 Comments:

At December 23, 2008 at 4:23 PM, Blogger Kristi said........
O SNAP! Nice hair Bonnie.
 


At December 23, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Blogger Heidi said........
She's a spicey little thing, isn't she? Way to work it, Bonnie!!
 


At December 29, 2008 at 8:40 AM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
I plead "NOT GUILTY!!!" Mandy was not old enough to be my fashion consultant at the time. When I mess up today, I blame it on Menopause!