Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Saturday I spent quality time with the children boiling eggs and helping the kids make a mess of my kitchen with egg dye. Not that they needed my help making a mess of my kitchen but I helped none the less.
Sunday comes and Josh is in charge of hiding the eggs. We close the curtain to the back yard and let Josh find clever little hiding spots in the yard. We have lots of bushes, flowers and grass, all of which are perfect for egg hiding.
The hunters are 6, 8 & 14.
I peak out the widow and see eggs in plain view in the middle of the yard!
This could only mean 1 of 2 things...
1. You think your kids are so stupid they can't find an egg in the yard if they laid it themselves or..
2. You don't want to find out that
your kids are so stupid they can't find an egg in the yard if they laid it themselves
To make matters worse Josh decides to pose for a picture next to every egg in the yard! He did everything short of point and jump up and down at every egg he "hid" in the yard.
I tell Josh that he could have hidden the eggs better to make it more of a challenge for the little ones. The kids were finding the eggs so fast I didn't have time to take pictures for cryin out loud!
My wonderful husband assured me there were 3 eggs they would never find because he found the best hiding spot of all...He kept them in the egg carton on the back yard table. Who would look in the carton the eggs came from.
Josh's parenting style is simple.
Set the bar very low and you'll never be disappointed.
The kids did find all the eggs in record time after all...
posted by World of Wright at 10:18 PM |

1 Comments:

At April 21, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Anonymous Melanie Emmerich said........
So I have to say.. I'm not sure who's more entertaining, you or Josh!!