Thursday, April 2, 2009
My mother...

When I was little (around 4 or 5) my mom would watch The Twilight Zone which would freak me out. Then after the episode was over she would send us to our rooms for a nap. I could NEVER fall asleep because every time I closed my eyes I would see images of the freaky things that I had seen on the show. The sight of those people with their noses taped up to look like pig snouts haunts me to this day.

In the summer of 1998 we went to Universal Studios. We were in line to see Back Draft which was full of fire and explosions. My mom has a large burn scar on her arm from when she was a child so what does she do??? She convinces a boy in line with us that she got the scar from the last time she came to see Back Draft. She shows him the scar and he turns white.

Fast forward to 2009.

Mom is off the week of spring break so she wants to plan something fun with the grand kids. She's thinking Queen Mary tour and maybe the aquarium. So far it sounds good until she shows me the haunted Queen Mary tour and tries to convince me the boys would have fun.

I know my mother and she will totally mess with the boys' heads the entire time then send them home to have nightmares in MY house.

Would it kill her to knit and bake cookies?
posted by World of Wright at 10:34 PM |

2 Comments:

At April 3, 2009 at 6:39 AM, Blogger Heidi said........
So many things about you make so much more sense now.
 


At April 7, 2009 at 8:00 AM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
She makes it sound worse than it is. Or maybe I remember it better.