Wednesday, September 3, 2008
It's the first day back to school. I remeber the feeling so very well. For all the teacher knew I was a good child and I would listen to his or her every word. Every year I would think to myself..."This is the year I would learn to shut up, sit down and kiss butt like the rest of the class". Then I would find myself letting those funny things in my mind escape my mouth and there I was...taping 3 pencils together to write "I will not talk in class" 100 times...then 500 times...then 1000 times...you get the picture.
Now I have a talker of my own. Stephen will have a lucrative career as a comedian, of that I am sure! I remember him telling me at the age of 4 how he wanted to be a comedian or a bar tender. It's not my proudest moment as a parent but you can't deny that it's funny. I just kept telling myself that he didn't know what a bar was, but given the fact that I watched Cheers on T.V. whenever possible, I kinda think he knew what a bar was and what bar tenders do. Combine that with the fact that Stephen knew the entire Titanic sound track by the age of 4, you can't help but feel like a failure as a parent!
So now we are embarking on another year of possibilities. A new start and hopes that we will be detention free the entire year.
My worst fear is that the poor kid will end up an insurance agent like his mother! UGH!
posted by World of Wright at 11:30 AM |

0 Comments: