Monday, October 27, 2008
This weekend I was belssed to work with our tech team at church. We sit through 3 services and pay close attention so that the sermon slides come up at the right time, the lights look right, etc.
By the 3rd service I get a little punchy up there and my mind begins to wander a bit. I know what you are thinking, and YES, my mind is always wandering but yesterday more than usual.
As the sermon was complete the pastor wanted to share a few things in the bulitin with us. I think if I were to point something out, it would have to be 1. Turn off your cell phone and 2. We have child care and childrens programs.
It seems every service I sit in, there is a cell ringing (usually at the quietest point of the service) and there are kids sitting around who are obviously bored to tears. What gets me is there are kids their own age in a class playing pool or ski ball & having a great time. But these kids are stuck with their parents in "big people church". It never ceises to amaze me. When Jagger graduated from the preschoolers class to the k-2nd class he didn't want to go because like most people he didn't like change. I wasn't about to give in and spend my time in church making sure he sat quitely and take him to potty every 15 minutes. Jag loved the new big kid class after the first visit and realized he had nothing to be affraid of. Sometimes kids have to try new things against their will.
That's life.
posted by World of Wright at 9:48 AM |

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Blogger John B said........
Punchy would be a good word to describe the atmosphere in the control room on Sunday...I woke up this morning thinking two things. 1) I enjoyed shading way more than directing 2.) I had a lot of fun working with you, Kelly and Kurt this weekend -- we might have had too much fun!
 


At October 27, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Blogger Heidi said........
I wish I had been in the control room with all of you - I love it up there!

And I agree with you - kids are no different than adults. Sometimes the best thing you can do for them is to push them out of their comfort zone. If they never stretch, they'll never grow.