Sunday, October 5, 2008



So I went to an AMAZING estate sale and picked up a couple treasures!
I usually have to sneak out at around 7:30 AM because my husband hates the idea of me spending money on other peoples junk. His feeling is, if they want to get rid of it why are we paying money to have it? I understand his point however I find joy in transforming trash into a treasure.

This particular treasure hunt brought me to a set of table lamps and a club chair I picked up for $28 TOTAL. The club chair was up in a spare bedroom of an elderly woman's home and had never been used from the looks of it. The lamps on the other hand were pretty ugly. The lamps were painted a strange combination of green and yellow. Most people would have passed them by, but not Handy Mandy!

With a $5 can of dark brown metallic spray paint and new shades I was able to transform them into lamps worthy of my living room.

Remember, though ugly on the outside, anything can be made tolerable with a coat of paint.

That does it for this episode of Handy Mandy!
posted by World of Wright at 1:38 PM |

4 Comments:

At October 5, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Blogger VikingMom said........
Nice work! I wish I could haul myself out of bed in the morning to go to such things...I imagine there are some treasures to find amongst the junk. Once again you have impressed me!
 


At October 5, 2008 at 3:32 PM, Blogger Heidi said........
Okay girl - next time you plan to go, will you please call me? I would LOVE to go with you!!!
 


At October 5, 2008 at 10:06 PM, Blogger Kristi said........
YOU ROCK! How have I not seen you at these sales??? I love them too. Although, I am a yard sale shopper...estates have always intimidated me.
 


At October 6, 2008 at 1:18 PM, Blogger Sheila R. Rose said........
I just want to paint with you.