Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I am a terrible friend! Now that that is out in the open I feel the need to explain.
I have a great female friend we will call "friend X" who always comes to mind when I meet a nice single guy. She wants to date but she works a lot. She probably works a lot because she doesn't date so she might as well work. As you can see this is a vicious cycle which can only be broken by kidnapping my "friend X" and forcing her into a date against her will. I know I don't sound like a bad friend yet but don't worry, it's coming.
An old friend of ours we will call "friend Y" talks to my husband a lot and recently my husband broke the sad news to me that "friend Y" had been dumped by his girlfriend. I felt bad for "friend Y" and told Josh to have him come hang out over the weekend. The empathy quickly faded as I began to think how "friend X" & "friend Y" need to go out! I could hear Fiddler On The Roof playing in my head and everything (match maker, match maker, make me a match...).
Let this be a warning to all you who come to me for sympathy over a breakup. Yes I will listen and I will genuinly feel bad for you, but I will also think about if not try to set you up. I can't control myself!
posted by World of Wright at 4:19 PM |

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Blogger Kristi said........
you are SUCh a matchmaker...I KNOW.