Wednesday, November 5, 2008
The big buzz word of the last few months has been "change". Change is good and sometimes hard to accept but it will happen and we can only accept and embraced it.

As Americans, we look at the greed in Washington and Wall Street with shame, but have we ever truly looked at the greed in our own homes that mirrors that which we despise?

I commonly see my American brothers and sisters complain about the greed of Washington or Wall Street and turn right around to purchase a car they really cannot afford or a T.V. using credit, all in an attempt to make others jealous or create illusion of happiness which apparently comes from the size of your car or T.V. The mentality that says "I want it and I will get it any way I can" has created a credit monster that is now being blamed on the government. Government allowed this to happen, which cannot be denied, but just because it's allowed does not mean it's the right thing to do. We blame Government for our poor choices however I doubt you would rather have government make every little financial decision for you.

Trust me when I tell you I have first pointed the finger at myself. I spent a great number of years buying my happiness trying to look cool. My hope is for others to learn from my mistakes for a truly wise person learns from the mistakes of others.

These are tough times that have mostly been brought on by our own greed. The real change needs to begin in our own homes and hearts. The only change I can control is personal change.

OK I'm done!
My next post will be strange or funny.
posted by World of Wright at 9:18 AM |

1 Comments:

At November 5, 2008 at 12:35 PM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
Very well written! Let's all try something new!!! Let's be accountable for our own mistakes and quit blaming the government!!!