Monday, December 29, 2008
This Christmas the kids got Guitar Hero World Tour. We all love the game and I usually find a chore for the kids to do so Josh and I can play.
Much to my dismay, the high hat on the drums stopped working. I was only scoring like 55% because most of the songs on the beginner mode require the high hat! I was mad but I couldn't exchange it until the Christmas crazies weren't out shopping and returning anymore.
As our drum set sat behind a chair in the family room, we all became more and more frustrated. We all took turns looking around trying to see if there was some way we could make this thing work.
None of us as frustrated as Jagger. He got mad and lifted the high hat until it snapped off!
I WAS LIVID!!!
The long arm of the law pointed to his room where he was doomed to remain for days if I had my way. I walked back there with guns a blazin and made sure that he had the fear of God in his eyes by the time I left his room.
After about 30 minutes he was out on parole for good behavior. He walked up to me with tears in his eyes and said "Mom, go to my room. There is a note in there for you".
I walked in and saw the note which read, and these are the EXACT words on the note by the way..."sorry mom hears 5 bucks".
I saw the $5 bill laying on the floor below his letter. I know how much $5 is to a 6 year old and I was happy he was trying to repay me for what he had broken. I couldn't decide weather to laugh or cry to be honest.
I am in the process of finding a Best Buy that still has a Guitar Hero World Tour available so I can exchange mine.
The Wright family will be rocking out once again very soon!
By the way...I kept the $5 bucks. He's not getting off that easy!
posted by World of Wright at 9:14 AM |

2 Comments:

At December 29, 2008 at 3:30 PM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
The thing that you forgot to say is that the drums probably stopped working because You and Josh kept playing long after you sent the kids to bed! Yeah, that's right!!! I keep you honest! That's just the way I roll!!!
 


At December 30, 2008 at 5:06 PM, Blogger Kodos Mom said........
That is so cute....I wanted to tear.