Monday, January 5, 2009
Yesterday Josh decided to take us all out for a surprise after church.

Josh isn't very good at keeping a secret for very long.

For example;
One year, the day before Thanksgiving Josh came to work and gave me a diamond necklace he had bought me for Christmas. He couldn't wait. Once it was in his hot little hands he had to rush over and give it to me. He's the cutest!

Anyway... we got on the 405 North and drove into Long Beach.
Josh HATES L.A. County with a PASSION so I knew he was really going out of his way to give us a good surprise.

He would periodically glance at his map quest sheet he brought with him. Then he'd look around...then glance at the paper again.

He finally confessed "I think I missed the turn!"

We guided him to 730 Broadway and stopped in front of ROSCOE'S CHICKEN 'N WAFFLES!

The thought of Chicken and Waffles was scary yet intriguing.

If it's good enough for Snoop Dogg then it's good enough for me!

About 1 hour and 50,000,000 calories later we drove home. We all crashed on the couch with a fried chicken hangover.

Now I am sure there will be fried chicken and waffles in heaven.

Can I get a AMEN!
posted by World of Wright at 8:59 AM |

5 Comments:

At January 5, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Blogger Heidi said........
What a great suprise! I've never eaten there but I've heard it's incredible. Josh is a keeper!
 


At January 5, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Blogger Kristi said........
Oh that sounds like a fun surprise... but fried chicken would put me into a bad bad place. The boyz are always trying to get me to go there for lunch... I just can't do it. But I'm glad you liked it! :o)
 


At January 5, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Blogger VikingMom said........
We want to go there one of these days...can't wait to try it! (Sorry Kristi.)
 


At January 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Blogger Billy said........
I have been there once and it was outstanding! It was like turkey and cranberry sauce. A perfect combination.

Maybe the Gobles and Baker's can check it out sometime. We can get Tamila to babysit.
 


At January 5, 2009 at 11:39 PM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
I just want everyone to know that my mom was from the South. I was raised on fried chicken and turnip greens etc. (Ok, hated the turnip greens!!!) I had gizzards with my meal. I had a lot of fun making Josh wonder what he tried. Anyone seen Christmas Vacation? :-)