Friday, July 31, 2009
So my dog Reggie died. Tragic to some I know, but I'm not much of an "animal person" and I have grown to appreciate being a "former dog owner" rather than a dog owner.

While the kids are saying:
"It's weird not having Reggie play ball with us in the back yard..."

I'm thinking:
"Yeah, his nose isn't in my crotch every time I come out here either..."

While the kids say:
"We should give away the dog bones to someone who has a dog"

I'm thinking:
You guys should also pick up the poop on the side of the house SOMEDAY considering we haven't had a dog for like 2 WEEKS NOW!

While the kids say:
"I hope Reggie is having fun in heaven with other dogs."

I'm thinking:
Yeah RIGHT! I had to FORCE you to feed him every day and NOW you care about his feelings. 2 weeks ago you were letting him starve!

We eat dinner on the patio every night now because there isn't a dog sitting by you begging for scraps.

I am filling up the holes he dug in the yard and they won't be dug up again the next day.

My yard is mine again!

You can call me a horrible person but I prefer to think of it as looking on the "bright side".
posted by World of Wright at 9:11 AM |

4 Comments:

At August 1, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Blogger Rick said........
I feel your painlessness.
 


At August 1, 2009 at 9:31 AM, Blogger Heidi said........
I love it - you really should write a book.
 


At August 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Blogger Life of Burg. said........
i know the feeling
 


At September 30, 2009 at 10:28 PM, Blogger Live Love and Scrap said........
You so totally rock!!!