Monday, July 27, 2009

Stephen (my 14 year old son) and I are very close.
For the first 6 years of his life it was usually just the two of us hanging out, talking, going to the beach etc.
Yesterday Stephen and I went to the beach alone.
We talked about how we used to go to the beach alone all the time and spend hours in the sand playing and laughing together.
Stephen and I strolled down Main Street, Stephen with his arm around my shoulder as usual, and me looking up at my little baby wondering where the time has gone.
We went to Starbucks and got passion fruit lemonade and continued down toward the water.
People kept looking at us but I didn't really pay much attention to it.
Then it dawned on me...
They think we're dating!
They're probably wondering how some pleasantly plump 30 something snagged this cute guy with a six pack and a great tan!
If hey only knew...the poor kid is stuck with me for LIFE!
posted by World of Wright at 10:06 AM |

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2009 at 4:11 PM, Anonymous brittany saichek said........
bahahahahhaha. technically you're a puma.
 


At July 28, 2009 at 10:03 AM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
Hard to believe he is that old isn't it? I remember when Trent (my nephew, to those reading this who don't know me)and I were walking together in Barstow Mall with his arm on my shoulder. I saw people staring at us, so I started talking like a valley girl and saying things like "I can't believe you picked me Dude!!!) He just laughed and went along with it!