Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Last week Jag and Stephen got into it (I know what you're thinking..Not another Jag and Stephen Fight Club moment!!)
Stephen did something that sent Jag over the top so I sent Jag to his room and got onto Stephen.
Jag turned to me on his way down the hall with tears streaming down his face, a look of hate in his eyes and screamed "STEPHEN IS YOUR BEST CHILD!!!".
I was shocked! Not by what he said but by the choice of words he used. He didn't say "You love Stephen more than me" or "You hate me" but "Stephen is your best child!" Where did that come from?
I'm not sure if he was accusing me of favoritism or if he had just come to his own realization that Stephen is my best child (even if I had a "best child" I couldn't say it because then I would be a huge jerk...Right?).
I got down low and looked Jag in the eyes and told him that mommy doesn't have a "best child". In my head I thought "If I had a "best child" it wouldn't act anything like these two are right now!"
Now every night when Jag goes to bed I say "Who is by best child?"
Jagger replies with a grin "Stephen is!"
I then say "Yeah Jag! You got it right!" followed by a laugh and a kiss good night.
On my way out the door Jag will say"Mom!"
"What baby?" I reply.
"Dad's my favorite!"
Then I have to run to his bed and pretend to choke him while he screams "Help! Mom's gunna kill me!!!"
posted by World of Wright at 9:58 AM |

3 Comments:

At February 3, 2009 at 2:19 PM, Blogger Kristi said........
You are a good mom Mandy. I love your stories. And I can tell your house is full of laughter and love. And maybe a bit of favoritism too.. haha.
 


At February 3, 2009 at 9:07 PM, Blogger Heidi said........
Oh Mandy...

Your story brought tears to my eyes.

I LOVE your blog. Keep the stories coming.
 


At February 4, 2009 at 6:37 AM, Blogger Don said........
Oh, Mandy, you lead such a dull, blah, life!! HAHA
Yeah, your posts would make great daily "uplift" columns in a newspaper!

BTW my word verification for this is "cosmoons" -- I don't know why, but that strikes me as funny. You should write about weird word verifications some time!