Thursday, February 12, 2009
Valentines Day (or V.D. as I like to call it hehehe) is coming quick...Saturday Feb 14th to be exact.
While flipping though the latest grocery store ads, I pointed out a great deal on roses.
WOW! $10 for a dozen red roses. "It must be a Valentines Day special"(wink wink).
I like a good laugh every now and then so I ask Josh (hubby of 7 years friend for 20 years who should know this crap by now) "What is my favorite flower??"
The look of terror washed the color from Josh's face. I loved it!
I decided to throw the poor guy a bone and drop a hint. "Usually a woman's favorite flower was in her wedding bouquet...". He gave me a weird look and explained that the only flower names he knows are roses (everybody knows roses!) daisies and carnations.
It was at that very moment I realized, besides the worlds most common flowers my husband only knows the cheap crap flowers. GREAT!
After a few m0re minutes of concentration I could see the light bulb go off in Josh's head.
"GARGANCHUAS!" he shouts as if he just won the lotto.
"What the heck is a garganchua? Do you mean HYDRANGEA?" I ask.
"Oh yeah, I knew it was something like that" was his reply.
Long story short, the only flowers Josh could kinda remember were at the cake table. Why am I not surprised?
I drag him back to our vanity where I have a vase with 2 silk calla lilies in it.
"This is my favorite flower Josh."
"What the heck is that ugly thing?"
"It's a calla lily honey"
"Oh, I don't remember seeing those at our wedding"
"Um, you had one pinned to your jacket the entire night."

I knew this conversation would be funny which is why I asked the question in the first place.

I can't wait for my bouquet of carnations and dasies this year.
posted by World of Wright at 7:54 AM |

3 Comments:

At February 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM, Blogger Sarah B. said........
I absolutely LOVE gargantua's...lol. Men.
 


At February 14, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Blogger Heidi said........
Wow.... I didn't know Josh was a botanist. He invented his own flower!

I can't wait to see these Gargantua's...

So I'm dying to know. Did you get carnations or roses?
 


At February 14, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
When I was a kid, I used to pronounce it COW Lilies when I was a kid. I think that is where the milk comes from....RIGHT???