Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Stephen is an attention hog (no finger pointing please).

A few weeks ago he started wearing his dad's old Chicago Bulls jacket to school. I remember Josh wearing it proudly in Jr. High so it was kind of cool to see that jacket "in action" again.

In addition to the jacket Stephen has been sporting a black leather fanny pack. I thought this fashion statement would blow over quickly. I mean really...How long can a fashion statement consisting of skinny jeans, Converse All Stars, a rock star studded belt, "vintage" Bulls jacket and a fanny pack last?

Much to my surprise, a couple weeks ago at church Pastor Bruce used a black leather fanny pack as a sermon prop. I haven't seen a fanny pack in years and now I see 2 in 2 weeks?!?!

I hoped Bruce had mugged my kid on the way to Sunday School and stole that stupid black fanny pack. Maybe Bruce saw Stephen proudly displaying the fanny pack and thought "Wow! God wants me to use that fanny pack in my sermon today! May I use your fanny pack to preach the good word Stephen?".

Apparently God was not speaking to Bruce through Stephen's fanny pack but Bruce's own fanny pack and it also seems our pastor is above mugging teenagers at church.

Now comes the kicker...The "trifecta" if you will...A 3rd fanny pack sighting in 3 weeks.

Last night on American Idol there was a girl wearing a gold glittery FANNY PACK!!!

Is Stephen actually bringing back the fanny pack or is this some sick joke?

I'm scared to find out.
posted by World of Wright at 8:55 AM |

2 Comments:

At February 4, 2009 at 10:33 AM, Blogger Sarah B. said........
Nooooo. Sick joke for sure..it will pass...please.
 


At February 7, 2009 at 8:26 PM, Blogger Heidi said........
I sincerely hope it is a sick joke.