Thursday, April 23, 2009
As you all know Josh is managing Jagger's baseball team.
We have an anonymous person emailing and complaining about the coaching ability of Josh, his other 3 coaches, playing ability of the kids and the pitching abilities of the coaches (coaches pitch to the kids in this division).

Jagger's team is a group of 12 boys ages 5 to 6, half of which have never played baseball until this season. Many didn't know where first base was when we started the season.

The following email was the final straw and I thought I would share with my wonderful blog followers.

The player's names have been changed and I'm sure I will never be viewed the same by you all again. Contrary to popular belief, I do get angry at times and yesterday my claws came out.

This is the email our team mom received...

Team Mom,

I have a few suggestions I would like to have you send to your Coaches..
1. Start spending more time with other players instead of Jimmy and Johnny.. For spending so much time on these two they sure don't seem to be all that at the sport. They seem to mess your team up alot.
2. Also stick with one pitcher that can actually pitch to these kids and give them a chance. You are suppost to be boosting their spirits about the game not making them feel like they can't hit.
You can take or leave what I said but for the kids I hope you listen. Go JIMMY and JOHNNY



Now for my response...

Dear "Concerned Person",

Your email was forwarded to me and I am happy to respond to your concern but first I must pose a couple questions.

1. Do you make a habit of belittling the playing abilities of 5 and 6 year old children?
2. Did you realize that Jimmy is the team mom's son and she is extremely offended that would speak so ill of her child?
3. Did you realize that one of the pitchers who "can't even pitch to these kids" as you spouted in your email, is the team mom's husband?
4. Do you even have a child on this team or are you a parent sending anonymous emails because you are incapable of having an intelligent adult conversation?

Now to address your concern... If you would like to help coach these kids so they each have more one on one time with an adult, you are more than welcome to join the team and help out. If all you want to do is sit on the sidelines and complain then I suggest you just shut up.

If you would like to try your hand at pitching to the kids, please be my guest. Again, if all you want to do is complain about it then again, I suggest you shut up (do you see a theme here?).

Jimmy and Johnny are great kids who always do their best and they love baseball.

In life there are winners and losers.
Winners walk away learning something and always try to do their best.
Losers talk smack about children in anonymous emails to the team mom.

Sincerely,
Coach Mandy

posted by World of Wright at 4:19 PM |

2 Comments:

At April 23, 2009 at 9:17 PM, Blogger Rick said........
It's not surprising a t-ball coach gets second-guessed when you consider that half the population of Orange County think they can manage the Angels better than Mike Scioscia. So Josh can consider himself in pretty select company
 


At April 25, 2009 at 9:09 AM, Blogger Billy and Laurel said........
I hate to say it, but I've run into this type of parent on every team we've been on...be it Little League, travel or Highschool. You are my hero for saying what truly needed to be said! Now if only I could hire you to write emails for me to some disgruntled people in my life. Do you hire out?
-Laurel