Tuesday, April 28, 2009


As some of you may know, my mom, Josh and I went to the Stagecoach Country Music Festival in Indio last weekend.


As we searched the vast expanse full of red necks wearing cowboy hats made of Budweiser boxes for a porta potty that didn't have a 3 mile line, we came across the audition tent for The Singing Bee which may return to T.V. on CMT (Country Music Television) this year.


Mom insisted I try out. As she begged, the casting guy started siding with her.


Against my better judgement I gave in.


First came the written exam.


I passed 16 out of 20


Believe it or not I don't know "Hit Me Baby One More Time" as well as I thought I did.


Believe it or not I know "Thank God I'm A Country Boy" a lot better than I thought I did! FRIGHTENING!


I move on to the "on camera" audition.


They play a couple tunes, when the music stops I complete the lyrics.


She shoots...she scores!


They tell me someone will call if I make it to round 3.


Well, someone called today! I am going to Hollywood! (I always wanted to say that)


The casting agency wants more video and some pictures to send to the producers. If I'm dorky or perky enough I just might be on the show (I feel sorry for Joey Fatone already).


This is my one shot to say or do something stupid on T.V. and I'm gunna take it.


This is Mandy Wright and I'm livin the deam!


posted by World of Wright at 1:05 PM |

5 Comments:

At April 28, 2009 at 4:19 PM, Blogger VikingMom said........
Way to go and live the dream...definitely a dream that i'll enjoy watching you pursue! (For me, that dream would be a nightmare!)
 


At April 28, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Blogger Rick said........
Don't forget to tell people you sound like Martina McBride, in case they can't figure that our for themselves. Can I tell people I know you yet?
 


At April 28, 2009 at 4:24 PM, Blogger Heidi said........
Your rock.

Can I have your autograph?
 


At April 29, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
Don't forget, I get a cut of the winnings for signing you up!!!
 


At May 8, 2009 at 10:38 PM, Anonymous Sheila said........
This is like the best thing EVER.

Color me jealous + proud.

You're going to Hollywood, baby!

xoxo.