Thursday, May 14, 2009
When Jagger was 2 months old he sat on his dad's lap and watch the Angels play ball and eventually win the World Series in 2002.
He would watch the screen and study the players like a little old man.
I didn't think much of it at the time but there were warning signs I just ignored.
When Jagger was about 12 months old he was already a huge baseball fan.
He would wear this hard Spider Man mask and pretend he was a catcher. He would squat in the living room then flip the mask off to catch an imaginary pop fly behind the plate. He didn't always catch the imaginary ball in the air either which was more strange. Somehow he would miss then get frustrated, then walk up to the imaginary pitcher and discuss how to pitch to the next guy.
Jagger slept with a baseball glove until he was about 4. If we left the house without we would suffer greatly
By the time Jagger was 2 he could tell you the names of every player on the Angels.
By the time he was 3 he knew the batting order and the players' positions.
One day I came home to find Jagger crying. I asked what was wrong and to my surprise he was crying because Benji Molina had been traded to the Giants.
He knows who is on the D.L., how they got injured and when they are due back.
He always knows who is the starting pitcher for the game on any given day.
He begins most sentences with "If I were Mike Socia I would..."
Every morning he wakes up and turns on Sports Center.
And for some reason Jagger prefers to watch the game through the bars of a catcher's mask.
posted by World of Wright at 10:08 PM |

6 Comments:

At May 15, 2009 at 6:30 AM, Blogger Heidi said........
You're in my prayers.
 


At May 15, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Blogger Rick said........
I didn't start doing that until I was 7, but after that my life is eerily similar. Remember we had the "game of the week" on Saturdays then and everything else was on radio. I'd fall asleep listening to the Dodgers almost every night, I had a pegboard in our garage where I updated statistics every day, and made up all kinds of games where I could simulate being a real live baseball player. With his head start, you should consider hiring an agent soon.
 


At May 15, 2009 at 8:12 AM, Blogger Billy and Laurel said........
This comment has been removed by the author.
 


At May 15, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Blogger Billy and Laurel said........
Okay...apparently half of my previous remark disappeared---let me try this again!
Addition is a good description! I do agree with him by the way, I shed a few tears when Bengie was traded to the Giants, too. If Jagger doesn't end up in baseball (in whatever capacity: either management, playing, scouting or broadcasting)...I would be severely surprised!

-Laurel
 


At May 15, 2009 at 10:28 AM, Blogger Bits from Bonnie said........
You didn't mention that he is also a switch hitter, and that the professional pitching coach said he hits better than a lot of his 10 year olds. Am I bragging??? Well, I have only always wanted my kids and grandkids to be very happy. And if the profession they choose means a fat house for me, it's all good!!!
 


At May 16, 2009 at 2:56 AM, Blogger Kristi said........
Wow. That's impressive...

but quick question...who are the Angels again? :)