Monday, May 4, 2009
Well Saturday I went to Hollywood for round 3 of my audition for The Singing Bee (A.K.A. The Looking Stupid In Front Of Strangers game show).
There were about 1000 people who auditioned at the Stagecoach Country Music Festival in Indio and they only picked 25 to move on to the 3rd round.
This show is about your ability to remember lyrics NOT singing ability which is good because I'm guessing my rendition of "The Gambler" by Kenny Rogers would have been considered a horrible song choice by Simon Cowell. Anyway…I was sitting in the room and this girl walked in that looked familiar. I realized she was on American Idol last season. Her name is Mishavonna Henson. Why the heck would a former A.I. contestant what to do this game show, but SHE DID!
Here’s her picture for those of you who are AI fans and are dying to know who I am talking about…
After a while I went into yet another concrete room with no windows and played a mini version of the game show in front of a couple casting directors and a video taping guy.
This was a welcome change as I had spent 3 hours in a room with a casting director who couldn't seem to stop dropping names in transparent attempt to win cool points with the ladies.
He'd say things like "Lindsay and Paris are crazy party girls" WOW! I would have never known that if it weren't for your testimony and every gossip magazine at the grocery store! Please tell me more!!!!
So back to the show...
6 of us lined up in a row and the producer would play a song then stop it at some point. We would all raise our hands and the first one to raise their hand got to finish the lyrics. If that person got it wrong then you could finish it by being the first to raise your hand. I tried to give them what I knew they wanted…I cheered when I got one right…I was overtly bummed when I missed one.
The bad news is Joey Fatone won't host the show...The good news is Billy Rey Cyrus won't host the show either. Frankly, I'm keepin my fingers crossed for Kelly Pickler.
I'll know soon if I'm in or out.
Most of the people that got through at Stagecoach were drunk when they first auditioned so who knows how they did without the liquid courage.
posted by World of Wright at 9:50 AM |

1 Comments:

At May 5, 2009 at 4:54 PM, Blogger Heidi said........
You are so going to be famous.

And I am so going to want to be your agent.

:)

Keep us posted girl!!!